This little infographic from Emily’s List is an excellent example of why pay equity is so important. House Republicans have voted down measures to ensure pay equity. I do not find this to be solely a women’s issue. In today’s economy, what man would want his partner to bring home LESS than those equally qualified who earn more?
From the infographic:
Female teachers make $549/week less than their male counterparts.
Female physicians, nurses and home health aides make $848/week less than their male counterparts.
Female accountants and auditors make $288/week less than their male counterparts.
Retail Saleswomen make $181/week less than their male counterparts.
8 Notes/ Hide
- spoopy-froot-loops reblogged this from suzannahporter
- willowglade reblogged this from squish-mitten
- littleprincette likes this
- plantrbox likes this
- fire-ofmyloins reblogged this from lifeasa-fatgirl
- squish-mitten reblogged this from suzannahporter
- lifeasa-fatgirl reblogged this from suzannahporter
- suzannahporter posted this